Mar 19, 2014

Reveal by Brina Courtney

Title: Reveal (Cryptid Tales #1)
Author: Brina Courtney
Genre: YA Paranormal Romance
You think seeing ghosts is weird? Tell me something I don't know.
Shay Tafford's childhood has been fatherless, filled instead with memories of speaking to the
dead. She is forced to hide her unique ability from those living around her. That's why it's been comforting to have Jeremy, a child ghost, as her confidante. But recently he's been absent, perhaps lost as her father is. When Shay meets Hugh, the guy she's had a crush on for weeks, and finds he can speak to ghosts too, she's just starting to find a normalcy in her life.

But as Hugh reveals the truth to Shay, about who she really is and about what it is she can do, he erases all chances she had at a normal existence. Turns out talking to ghosts is just scratching the surface of her genetically engineered gifts. Shay learns she may be part of an age old prophecy that could save the entire race of cryptids. But can she?
Quotes

"So here I am with a dead girl in my car, in a super creepy forest, stalking a potentially dead father…yeah, not one of my brightest moments."
"She sighs, “Shay you can’t live your life in fear. If you do there’s just no point in living."
"He turns and leaves, heading towards the math building and though I hate to see him leave, I do love to watch him walk away."

Guest Post 
Why have ghosts become this scary object we’re supposed to fear? I’ve never been afraid of ghosts, I’ve just always felt that they’re spirits who have unresolved business. I had never thought they wanted to hurt us until I started to watch scary movies. Then I, and I deduce you, became fearful of these translucent beings.

So here is what I have to say about that, don’t fear ghosts. Think about all the wonderful people who have died, I really don’t believe they’d be haunting you in such a horrible way. Ghosts have been turned into these gruesome monsters, by television and movies when really I think they’ve been misinterpreted. But Hollywood is what it is and we can’t deny the American public seems to like watching people be chased by bloodied figures flying down the hall in the dark chasing the victim to their untimely death. We like the gore and the spooky feeling it gives us. Why? I really can’t tell ya. But how many times have you hidden under the covers because of a ghost story?

I think our biggest mistake is we consider demons and ghosts the same entity, but really they’re totally different. Demons are evil spirits or fallen angels and trust me, those are people I would be afraid of. Get your blankets friends, and keep the lights on if you have a demon attached to you!
But for now, light a candle and welcome the ghosts into our world.


 Purchase on Amazon      Purchase on B&N

About Brina Courtney
5295520
Brina Courtney is a young adult author obsessed with chocolate, crime shows, and fantasy movies. She's spent the last few years as an elementary teacher and a high school cheering coach. She lives in a small town in Pennsylvania with her husband and two very loud, small dogs.
Links

Website      Goodreads       Facebook        Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment



We are an award free blog.