Nov 12, 2012
Emily's Trial by Natalie Wright Guest Post + Giveaway
Title: Emily's Trial
Author: Natalie Wright
Date published: Oct 2012
Print Purchase Links: Create Space | Amazon | B&N | Powell's
Ebook Purchase Links: Smashwords | Amazon | Apple
But even a Priestess can know desire, feel temptation, and yearn for love. Will passion entice Emily to use the sacred magic in a forbidden way? Can new love take root in a world of nightmares? And will her friendships survive Emily’s Trial?
The Journey Continues . . .
The Apocalypse didn't start with four horsemen, harbingers of the horror to come. It didn't start with a plague, or pestilence, or even zombies rising from the dead. It came slowly, and without warning. It crept up on people in the shadows, no more than a vague darkness that spread like an unseen cancer. And it wasn't set into action by a divine hand. A teenage girl was the catalyst for the End Times.
I should know. I'm the one that started it. I didn't plan to. I didn't want to start the End Times, and I'm not evil. Madame Wong taught me to tell the truth, and so here it is. I'm the one responsible for the Apocalypse. And this is the story of how I unwittingly unlocked the door to the darkness; of how a Priestess of the Order of Brighid, entrusted with powerful magic that was supposed to be used for the benefit of all humankind, unleashed a force that would destroy it instead. And it all began with desire.
10 Things Readers Would be Surprised to Know About Me
1. I have an undergraduate degree in Art Education. I haven’t used my four years of college art classes since graduation, except that my drawing skills (though rusty) come in handy from time-to-time to draw sketches of characters. Here’s an early sketch of Dorcha, one of the characters in Emily’s Trial.
2. I also have a law degree. I’ve been a divorce attorney and mediator for over 18 years and it’s still my ‘day job’. But I do not write – nor do I like to read – books about trials, attorneys, crime dramas, or anything related to the law.
3. I have a fascination with horror and science fiction B movies from the 1950’s and 1960’s. One of my favorites is Mothra vs. Godzilla.
4. I cannot stand to mix sweet foods with savory.
5. While alone in my home office writing or working, I’ve been known to crank up dance music and dance a wild, gyrating, embarrassing dance! (No cameras allowed!)
6. In elementary school, I dreamed of being on the Mickey Mouse club show. The fact that I couldn’t dance, sing or act was a bit of a set back ;-(
7. I have a rare condition called ‘chocolatosis’. It’s a rare condition, but occurs when one consumes so much chocolate that the blood to chocolate ratio is exceeded. In order to maintain proper equilibrium, several ounces of fine chocolate must be eaten per day. A special fund has been established for the purchase of the quantities of chocolate required to keep me alive. Click here to contribute.
8. For a brief time, I went to hypnosis sessions to help me lose my baby weight. To my great shock, sitting in a chair half asleep does not speed fat burning. But it does induce trippy ideas. In my last hypnosis session I had a vision of a golden arm bracelet hovering over emerald green fields. That vision led to my first novel, Emily’s House!
9. I was born to working class parents without wealth, title or college education. But I count as my ancestors William the Conqueror (aka ‘The Bastard King’), Grom the Old (first historically recognized King of Denmark), and Kings and Queens of France. An explanation for how my ancestry went from European royalty to me? A series of women marrying badly!
10. I’ve been married to the same man for almost 25 years, and when he kisses me, I still feel my insides turn to jelly. TMI? He snores, I want to staple odor eaters to his feet, and he has an unending ability to say the wrong thing at the wrong time. But one brush of his lips on my neck – or a smoldering look into my eyes – and I’m lost to him.
Natalie is the author of The Akasha Chronicles, a young adult fantasy trilogy. When not writing, blogging, Facebooking, Tweeting, Wattpadding or eating chocolate, Natalie nurtures her young daughter, feeds her dog too many treats, and can’t resist watching Ancient Aliens, no matter how absurd the show becomes.
Natalie enjoys travel, good wine, and excellent food shared with family and friends. She was raised an Ohio farm girl, now lives in the desert Southwest, and dreams of living in a high rise in a big city.
“Books are my friends, ideas my passion.”
Blog | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads | YouTube | Wattpad | Pinterest
a Rafflecopter giveaway