Jun 11, 2012

Short Review: BDB #10 Lover Reborn


Title: Lover Reborn
Series: Black Dagger Brotherhood #10
Author: J.R. Ward
Pages: 592
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Price: $14.99 (mobi) $7.99 (Paperback)

Blurb: Ever since the death of his shellan, Tohrment has been unrecognizable from the vampire leader he once was. Physically emaciated and heartbroken beyond despair, he has been brought back to the Brotherhood by a self-serving fallen angel. Now, fighting once again with ruthless vengeance, he is unprepared to face a new kind of tragedy.

When Tohr begins to see his beloved in his dreams—trapped in a cold, isolated netherworld far from the peace and tranquillity of the Fade—he turns to the angel in hopes of saving the one he has lost. But because Lassiter tells him he must learn to love another to free his former mate, Tohr knows they are all doomed....

Except then a female with a shadowed history begins to get through to him. Against the backdrop of the raging war with the lessers, and with a new clan of vampires vying for the Blind King’s throne, Tohr struggles between the buried past and a very hot, passion-filled future…but can his heart let go and set all of them free?


Review: Now I know that a lot of people are probably going to be upset with me for this review, however I won't lie. Therefore this is going to be short. There are parts of this book that I absolutely balked at while there were parts that I loved. 


I first started the Black Dagger Brotherhood Series last year and I absolutely fell in love with the series. I loved all the books, the brothers and the shellans fascinated me, and I loathed the Omega and the lessers. I've waited for this book for months. That being said, I did not love this book, as I thought I would.

Tohrment is back with the brotherhood, where he belongs, after months away due to the aftermath of the death of his shellan. Though not all is well, he is still refusing to feed. His body is deteriorating, only his vengeance keeps him moving forward. Night after night hunting the streets for lessers, it becomes apparent that he has no choice but to feed and he has a woman who has offered to do just that. A woman from his past, one that Tohr knows would be safe.



His dead shellan Wellsie and their young are trapped and only one thing will set her free, he must learn to love again, he must let her go. 


The girl from his past shares his bed, from the beginning there is no doubt that there is some chemistry between them. I feel for Tohr, I really do, while I didn't feel that it was too soon for him to be with someone. My problem is how Tohr treats her. 

There are multiple story-lines going on within the story, and i had trouble keeping them all straight.  I felt that it jumped around way too much. 



I loved to watch Tohr interact with his brothers, and to have his relationship change, to watch him grow, to grieve and finally let Wellsie go. The pacing was good, it spanned over months and I felt that it was good that he waited with No'One with what had transpired in her past. The heat coming off Tohr and No'One was smoking hot, just what I had come to expect from J.R. Ward. 


I liked the book though, I just had some problems with it. If you haven't read Dark Lover, start with that one first.







Source: It's on Loan from the library
Reviewer: Viari Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment



We are an award free blog.